...who's 15, her mum killed herself, her dad can't see her cos she tried to make him fuck her (my German is a little wobbly here so maybe it was the other way round??), she lives with her drunk aunt (who dies in a seizure halfway thru) and then in one scene she walks out the door from some house and we get this looong scene of her walking... and the music playing is...
LARRY AND THE BLUE NOTES doing the ORIGINAL version of "NIGHT OF THE SADIST" from BACK FROM THE GRAVE CD VOLUME 4!!!!!
How utterly awesome is that! The film is TORPEDO (from 2008) and the film's director (Helene Hegemann) is a 16 year old chick!!! Arrhh, off to a great start I'd say. Kool flick, Kool teen chick (in one scene she just walks round on the street with blood in her face to look more ragged, haha), and even kooler toon by these way kool kats from 1965!!! More info here if you read German.
Hmm, and of course "torpedo" is old slang for a hitman. xD
Sunday, February 13, 2011
I received this cool 3 disc DVD release of THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT from CDWOW in Hong Kong today. Altho I bought it from HK the release is from the UK and in fact this is the first ever uncut UK release of the film. Apart from it being a cool release it's also no less awesome that I paid £3.14 for the box including postage!!! That's about 5 dollars! Niiice.
Hmm, it reminds me... the house I grew up in thru out my entire childhood was actually... the last house on the left. My dad still lives there. He has tools. Saws. Chain... saws.O_O
* Feature Commentary by writer/director Wes Craven and Producer Sean S.Cunningham
* 2nd Feature Commentary by stars David Hess, Marc Sheffler and Fred Lincoln
* 'Celluloid Crime Of The Century' making of… documentary (40 mins)
* 'Scoring Last House…' featurette with David Hess 'Krug Conquers England' charting the theatrical tour of the first ever UNCUT screening of the film in the UK
* 20 mins of outtakes and dailies
* US theatrical trailer
* TV spots
* Radio spots
* 'Krug & Company': rare COMPLETE ALTERNATE CUT of the film
* EXCLUSIVE interview with Carl Daft of Exploited Films, who took the BBFC to courts over the film's banned status
* WORLD EXCLUSIVE never before seen footage only recently discovered.
* "Going To Pieces: The Rise & Fall Of The Slasher Film" feature length documentary on the 'slasher' film phenomenon that followed "Last House…"
* Filmmakers' commentary
* Deleted scenes
* Horror film quiz
The film is presented in anamorphic widescreen with English DD2.0 Stereo sound.