Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More evil Mexicans


Ahh, yesterday I finally received more old Mexican horror moves!! This times a handful of original US NTSC tapes even, no bootlegs. The handful of 60s movies I got were all horror (or "terror" films as they're called south of the border - obviously not "south of the border" where I'm at cos that would leave you in Flensburg, Germany, LOL) and they were: DR SATAN (1966), DR SATAN VS BLACK MAGIC (Dr Satan y la Magia Negra, 1968), THE BLOODY VAMPIRE (El Vampiro sangriento, 1962, actually this one is probably a vhs boot. Oh well!) and ISLAND OF THE DINOSAURS (La Isla de los dinosaurios, 1967). Only THE BLOODY VAMPIRE is in English. Aye Caramba!!

8 comments:

  1. Jack, have you seen Brainiac? It's suppose to be a nice little mexican piece, but I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si, es muy fantastico!
    Yes, I have and I liked it quite a bit. If you buy it be sure to get the CasaNegra DVD which has perfect pic and the original Spanish audio (+ subs). The other DVDs only have Eng. dubbing. THE MAN AND THE MONSTER is another good one from CasaNegra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the CasaNegra edition. I was just wondering if you liked it. And now on to something that I want. What about Witch's Mirror and the Crying Woman? Any good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid those are still in the pile to-watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same pile. I hate it! I think I have 200 movies in my to-watch pile. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it better to have 200 potentially cool movies waiting for you... than not have any movies at all??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wise words from a Danish fella. Sure you are Danish? Hah

    I have much more time to watch movies now, then I had a month ago. So I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least I get to live in a country that doesn't ban films left and right. ;-)

    ReplyDelete