Thursday, December 23, 2010

A snowy film on a snowy night



"Make yourself familiar with the classics" [Henrik Larsen in an old issue of "Obskuriøst"]

- I agree. But even so I don't always live by it. Yes, shock! horror!! I mean I've watched horror movies for a long time but often it's the weird, the obscure, the unknown, the forgotten movies I've seeked out. I'll tell you the lowdown on DR SATAN VERSUS BLACK MAGIC but I still haven't seen THE OMEN 2-4. I know THE RAPE AFTER by heart but until last night I'd never watched John Carpenter's THE THING!! (more shock horror!). I read about it in an old issue of "Inferno" zine in the early 90s but I still didn't bother to watch it till last night! Well, needless to say that was a mistake, LOL. It's "pretty good" but 6 trillion reviewers have already said that in 6 trillion reviews so I don't need to explain that even further. Now I just need to watch the original version. :D

5 comments:

  1. I'm gonna watch that goddamned movie tonight with the missus... turns out she's never seen it!

    Have a gret chrystmas Jack! And keep your eye open for the mailman next week ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, that sounds awesome!

    I'm sure she's gonna like it. She seems badass (yes I saw the "flicking the bird" pic on her profile, LOL). Thanks, and the same to you too, Magnus, hope you have a kool time. Btw, did you ever see my zombie flick? If you didn't forget about the film just fast forward to the last 3 minutes. That's me. Haha. Show your kids; "that's what bloody Danes look like".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack, Just got the Turkısh dub vcd of John Carpenters the Thıng (called SEY ın turkısh) about a week ago for about 4.50Aud. Also pıcked up pıranha, the phantom (90s versıon) on vcd too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niice!

    I know you're not really fond of SEYTAN/Turkish Exorcist but if you find it on VCD it would be awesome if you could pick up a copy for me (unless it's expensive, of course). We'll figure out some trades or payment when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep ı asked about seytan but they keep on showıng me the lında blaır versıon whıch has the same name. do you want a copy of ADA the weddıng of the zombıes vcd ? ı can get that for about two dollars also the son of the man who saves the world vcd was goıng for two dollars but ı forgot where ı saw ıt. today ı pıcked up turkısh dub vcds of tron, the day the earth stood stıll (1950s) and a cool metın erksan fılm called sensız yasamam.

    joe

    ReplyDelete