Sunday, August 2, 2009

AWE off the radar - update

I finally spoke to Another World Entertainment main man Jan Schmidt and it seems both he and Kenneth Eriksen were on holiday when their website, including blog and email, went down. Too bad. Good news is they have a spiffy new site:

Spiffy new site link.

It doesn't explain why Mr. Eriksen didn't state on his eStore front that's he's off for a lengthy holiday. If I were a customer who unexpectedly had to wait bucket loads of extra time without any warning I'd probably not be a happy customer, haha.

Anyhoo, do check out Messrs Schmidt and Eriksen's new site, as I said it's pretty cool. And I'm sure they would love it if you bought some stuff too. It's recession time folks and I for one wouldn't want an über-cool video company like AWE to bite the dust so please help them stay in the business. According to Pete Tombs (in posts over on Cinehound) Mondo Macabro aren't doing too well either and without these little companies that put out COOL stuff what would we have left. Would the bigger companies really put out weird little niche titles? Chip in a few dollars extra, buddy. Today. I'm not asking you! Don't make me come round to you house and sit on you!

Anyway, on to more important issues: Even though their link page doesn't include this here site (altho I barrack for their releases) on the other hand they do have a link for ONFILM.DK and that's obviously good! (altho those people know close to nothing about cult films and almost always trash AWE's releases). There's also a link to the cool EIGA.DK site and yay that's good too (altho that site hasn't been updated the past three years, haha).

Take my advise fellas and get yerself a link to Søren Jacobsen's very cool SKRÆK & RÆDSEL blog. He writes positively about your releases and he KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK HE'S TALKING ABOUT! No crappy NOFILM.DK (sorry, ONfilm.dk) "reviews" (and I use the term loosely) from his camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment